Purpose of the SIAM Student ChapterStudent chapters of the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) are intended to promote applied mathematics and computational science to undergraduate and graduate students of mathematics-related disciplines.
Why you should join
- Opportunities to network with peers and faculty
- Meet professionals from major research institutions and corporations who were once where you are now
- Increased visibility in the applied mathematics and computational science communities
- Access to cutting edge research
- Resources for identifying and developing career options in applied and computational math
What you will get:
- Free membership in two SIAM Activity Groups (SIAG)
- Subscription to SIAM News
- Subscription to SIAM Review
- Free student members get electronic access only
- Deeply discounted student rates include print and electronic access
- 30% discount on all SIAM books
- 80% discount on up to four (4) subscriptions to SIAM journals in print and any number of electronic journals
- 95% discount on electronic access to current content and archives for all 13 journals
- Eligibility to hold office and serve on SIAM committees
- Students paying the discounted rate are eligible to vote in SIAM elections.
The members of the SIAM Student Chapter at Virginia Tech believe it is the responsibility of resident mathematicians to instill a sense of scientific community in new and existing members. To this end, we aim to create a forum for the exchange of research ideas among graduate and undergraduate students in science, computers, mathematics, and engineering from VT and neighboring universities.
Become a member and get involvedIf you are interested in our activities or you even want to be one of our speakers in the seminar series, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our local Virginia Tech Student Chapter of SIAM is open to all students and anyone interested in scientific computing and applied mathematics from institutions affiliated with Virginia Tech to maintain a regular personal contact between our members.
We have no formal application scheme to become a member. Send us an email at email@example.com with your name, your affiliation and your research interests, and we will contact you! Membership is free.
last updated: September 3, 2015